Special Ramayana Package
05 Nights/06 Days
Day 01 : Arrive Colombo
On arrive in Sri Lanka, you will be welcomed and assisted by our representative and you will be then transferred to your hotel Sigiriya Enroute visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage - Approx 55 miles from Colombo, off the Colombo - Kandy road is Pinnawela, where an orphanage was started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded elephants. The number of elephants has increased to more than 65 now; including Baby Elephants brought from various parts, as well as the 23 baby elephants born as a result of the captive breeding program. The best time to visit is the feeding time from 0930-1000 hrs and 1330-1400 hrs and the bathing time from 1000-1030 hrs and 1400-1430 hrs when all the elephants are taken to the river close by.
Check in to your hotel.Overnight Stay in Dambulla.
Day 02 : Breakfast at the hotel,after breakfast proceeds to Trincomalee & sightseeing in Trincomalee.
165 miles from Colombo, is one of the largest and safest Natural Harbours in the World. Trincomalee is connected by Rail and Road. It has sunny weather throughout the year, with white sandy beaches, calm, placid and warm waters, ideal for underwater activities and for Whale watching. Trincomalee was a Buddhist Center known as "Gokanna" from very early times and later a Hindu Kovil was constructed at the site.
1. In 1617 five (5) Danish ships entered Koddiyar Bay, but the negotiations with the Kandyan King was fruitless and they sailed away.
2. In 1624 the Portuguese completed the construction of a Fort here after destroying the Hindu Temple at Swami Rock in the Fort.
3. The Fort, which had only 3 Bastions was taken by the Dutch in 1639, but abandoned, re-fortified in 1675 and named it Fort Fedrick.
4. In 1795 the British captured it after a 4-day bombardment and it became the first possession of the British in Sri Lanka.
5. Nilaveli-10 miles away is the finest beach in Trincomalee starting at Uppuveli- 5 miles away extending all the way to Nilaveli. Pigeon Island is a great place for Diving, Snorkeling and sea bathing.
6. There are 7 Hot Spring at Kanniyai just 5 miles away on the Anuradhapura road.
7. Thiriyai Vata-da-ge is 30 miles to the North of Trincomalee and is one of the best monuments in Sri Lanka.
8. Return to your hotel.Overnight Stay in Dambulla.
Day 03 : After you breakfast we will then proceed to the hill capital of Kandy. En route we will visit the spice gardens, a batik factory in Matale & sightseeing in Kandy
Kandy - The hill capital is another "World Heritage Sites". It was the last stronghold of the Sinhalese Kings during the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule and finally lost to the British in 1815 after an agreement. To the Buddhist of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the "Dalada Maligawa" - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. The Bathing Pavilion (Ulpenge) is by the Lake and in the Center of the lake is the Island called "Kiri samudraya" (Milk white ocean) used by the kings as the summer house. Today it is the center of Buddhism, Arts, Crafts, Dancing, Music and Culture. Visitors can see these Dance & Music at the daily Cultural Performances held at several places in the city.
Royal Botanical Gardens - Started in 1374 as a pleasure garden of the Kings of Gampola and Kandy. There are more than 5,000 species of trees, plants and creepers. Some rare and endemic as well as flora from the tropical world are found in the gardens. Spice Garden and Orchid House are popular with tourists. There are 5 Palm Avenues beautifying the gardens, the earliest and tallest Palm Avenue (Royal Palm Avenue) was planted in 1905 and the Double Coconuts from the Seashells Island, with the largest seed of all plants in the world is one such avenue.
Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic - Ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha's Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princess' hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka's most prized possession. Evening you could witness a cultural performance by various Sri Lankan dancers and musicians. Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 04 : Breakfast at the hotel,after breakfast proceed to Nuwara Eliya for Ramayana sightseeing.
Sri Baktha Hanuman Temple,Ramboda. On these hills of Ramboda where Hanuman was searching for Sitadevi, the Chinmaya mission of Sri Lanka built a temple with Hanuman as the presiding deity. On every full moon day special pooja"s are conducted and witnessed by thousands of devotees. Seetha Amman Temple, Seetha Eliya. The stream that runs from the hill, catered to the needs of Sitadevi during her stay at Ashoka Vatika. She is said to have bathed in this stream. Now there is a temple erected for Lord Rama, Sitadevi, Luxshmana and Hanuman by the side of this stream. It is interesting to note that foot prints akin to Lord Hamunams are found by this river -some small and some large. The Hakgala Botanical Garden was one of the pleasure gardens of King Ravana of the well-known epic Ramayanaya. This garden was expanded during the British period and has a wide variety of flowers including an excellent collection of orchids. This is the exotic pleasure garden where king Ravana kept the depressed Sita, insisting that she marry him.It was here where the heart-warming meeting took place between her and Hanuman, who brought her Rama's ring with the news that Rama was looking for her.He offered to carry her back but she refused saying it would be an insult to Rama's honour if he did so. Part of this majestic garden still exists.It is also said that Hanuman nearly destroyed it in order to prove to Ravana of the forces against him. Return to your hotel. Overnight stay at Kandy.
Day 05 : After your breakfast at the hotel, we will continue with a Colombo city tour
Colombo - is the business and commercial center and the new capital is Sri Jayawardhanapura Kotte, which is only a few miles away. The remains of the buildings during the period and the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule are found in every area of the city. None of the Portuguese & Dutch fortifications are found today but some of their buildings and churches could be seen in the Fort & Pettah areas. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street - the old smith's quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area where there is also a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings, the Kaymans Gate with the Belfry at the original gate to enter the Fort, the Dutch Church of Wolfendhaal dating back to 1749, Kelaniya Buddhist Temple, Davatagaha Mosque. Also visit the BMICH (Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall), see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square. Check in to your hotel. Overnight stay at Colombo.
Day 06 : Fly Back Home
After your breakfast we will then transfer you to the Bandaranayke international airport to connect you with your departure flight.
- To and from economy class air travel from India mentioned in the itinerary.
- Airfare, Airport taxes and Visa Fees.
- Baggage Allowance as per the airline policy.
- Tour Manager Services throughout the tour.
- Accommodation in comfortable and convenient hotels on twin sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast.
- Travel by comfortable A/C coach as per the tour itinerary.
- Entrance fees of all sightseeing places to be visited from inside.
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of an individual due to illness, accident, hospitalisation,or any personal emergency.
- Porterage, laundry, telephone charges, shopping, mineral water, items of personal nature and food or drink.
- Any increase in Airfare, Visa fees, Airport taxes, Govt Taxes, Fuel Surcharges and any applicability of new taxes from Govt.
- Any up gradation in Airline class or hotel room category.